Looking to join a fast-paced company where your work has a direct impact and your position has infinite growth potential? Interested in working remotely to help a new product come to life? Keen to take your skills to the next level? Pepper is an esports tech startup working to create a next generation social tournament platform that wants you on our team.
You like it when a team runs like clockwork. You can deftly jump between the ticket board and discord and make sure everyone is on track and nothing is blocking. Your creative medium is process and you’ve never met a bottleneck you can’t demolish. We’re looking for someone to help us keep organized and on-task. As the development project manager, you will be responsible for backlog grooming, ticket and epic creation, and being the bridge between the dev, test and product teams. You will make sure there’s always enough work ready and that all blockers get resolved as quickly as possible.
About the Company
Pepper is a next generation esports platform that makes it possible to create and manage player communities, spectators, sponsors, and brands—all in one place. By working closely with and listening to event organizers, tournament operators, and live venue operators over the last two years, Pepper has developed a unique product that connects leaders in esports to their audience and helps them grow leaner, faster, and smarter businesses.
Pepper’s key technologies include its patent pending AI engine, which automatically captures game data to create a tournament experience that extends beyond live gameplay and includes highly demanded features such as global leaderboards, player profiles, statistics, new tournament discovery and digital wallets, advanced bracketing, public APIs, a global ranking system and more.
The Tools and Tech
We use the following tools to conduct work:
- Google Suite/Google Meet
- Gitlab (Issues, Boards, Bots, CI/CD)
The platform is built using the following technologies:
- AWS (S3, ECS, EC2, RDS, Cloudfront, Lambda)
- 3+ years as a software development project manager
- Capable of full or hybrid remote work, knowledgeable about tools teams can use to stay working together online
- Experience working on a project that has already been shipped and is in growth phase
- Willing to put in the extra time to meet occasional sensitive deadlines
- Enjoys learning from past iterations and coming up with creative solutions
- Analytical thinker that can frame work processes in terms of numbers and create measurable improvements
- Comfortable speaking in front of audiences and giving periodic stakeholder updates
- A passion for gaming or a history playing esports
- Previous remote work experience