Looking to join a fast-paced company where your work has a direct impact and your position has infinite growth potential? Interested in working remotely to help a new product come to life? Keen to take your skills to the next level? Pepper is an esports tech startup working to create a next-generation social tournament platform that wants you as a software engineer.
Full-Stack Software Engineer
We need a craftsman that wants to deliver a fresh web application experience that feels as fun as it looks. Your job will be to make sure that the product is built to match the designs, the long term vision, and the values of the company, and that it will withstand the pressures of scaling quickly. The position is currently remote and primarily focused on the backend and API layer.
Pepper is a next-generation esports platform that makes it possible to create and manage player communities, spectators, sponsors, and brands—all in one place. By working closely with and listening to event organizers, tournament operators, and live venue operators over the last two years, Pepper has developed a unique product that connects leaders in esports to their audience and helps them grow leaner, faster, and smarter businesses.
Pepper’s key technologies include its patent-pending AI engine, which automatically captures game data to create a tournament experience that extends beyond live gameplay and includes highly demanded features such as global leaderboards, player profiles, statistics, new tournament discovery and digital wallets, advanced bracketing, public APIs, a global ranking system and more.
Pepper’s parent company, TGS, is a leader in the esports industry. TGS partners with Fortune 500 brands, schools, and tournament organizers to build out their esports community via tournaments, broadcast production, and events. TGS has commercialized an esports solution that allows brands and gamers to interact on its end-to-end platform. The combination of TGS Esports event expertise and next-generation software creates an unparalleled esports experience that allows sponsors and brands to reach their desired gaming demographic.
The Tools and Tech
We use the following tools to conduct work:
- Google Suite/Google Meet
- Gitlab (Issues, Boards, Bots, CI/CD)
The platform is built using the following technologies:
- AWS (S3, ECS, EC2, RDS, Cloudfront, Lambda)
- 5+ years of experience developing software for the web
- Experience writing and maintaining DevOps, build and deployment tooling like Gitlab CI/CD, Terraform, Webpack, Typescript and Babel
- Proven track record delivering high-quality front-ends in React and GraphQL APIs in node.js
- Up to date knowledge of the web platform and node.js ecosystem
- Past work using all of the tools and technologies mentioned above
- Willing to put in the extra time to meet occasional sensitive deadlines
- Ability to mentor and delegate effectively to less experienced developers
- Experience with Python, C#, .NET, machine learning or Electron
- A passion for gaming or a history playing esports
- Previous remote work experience