The Gaming Stadium is an esports events organization located in Vancouver, BC. We aim to provide opportunities for those with a passion for esports and who want to make it a career.
We are currently looking for Broadcast Talent that fall into one (or more) of three categories.
- Play-By-Play Caster: Being a play-by-play caster means you give life to the action as it appears on screen. You’re weaving a story and a narrative for viewers at home and at the stadium. You are the voice of the play that is unfolding in real-time and shining a spotlight during key moments of matches. Your energy is infectious. Your style of speech offers unparalleled clarity. You have high-level knowledge of the game and can articulate it to both veterans while ensuring it is welcoming to unfamiliar audiences.
- Colour Caster: As a colour caster, you serve as an analyst to the action as it unfolds. What execute did the Ts just do in CS:GO, and why did it not work? When should a team choose to push down a lane instead of contesting Baron in League of Legends? Why did a player opt to push face damage instead of clearing the board in Hearthstone? No matter what happens, an analyst is there to provide key context, reveal the approach used by players during matches, and offer insight into the decisions teams and players are making. Deep understanding and experience are paramount as ideal analysts have been in similar (or the exact) situations as the ones on stream.
- Observer: Being an observer means you are the director of the action and able to anticipate it before it happens. You’re right there in spectator mode capturing kills and team fights as they occur while tracking the backdoor push with the corner of your eye. Being a high rank isn’t necessary, but you do need to have experience with the games you plan to observe. This means understanding common setups, key game tempo, or interesting hero matchups.
We are actively looking to expand our database of PBP Casters, Colour Casters, and Observers, with opportunities available on an event by event basis. Some of the games we are interested in, but not limited to, are:
- Rocket League
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- League of Legends
- Teamfight Tactics
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Pokemon Unite
- Apex Legends
- Work alongside our Broadcast Producer to ensure quality standards and sponsorship obligations are met.
- Provide insightful and charismatic commentary.
- Able to react and provide input for on-screen activity.
- Prepared to explain game-specific concepts to newer viewers.
- Compile relevant information on notable players or teams.
- Experience providing play-by-play analysis or commentary.
- Professional attitude and appearance, and comfortable with being on camera.
- Relevant knowledge of esports titles.
- Language use must conform to professional standards.
- Stable internet connection and working PC for online events.
- Casters Only: Must have a decent-quality and working HD webcam and microphone for online events.
- Observers Only: Ability to reliably stream at 1080p 60FPS (internet and PC capability) for online events.
Both paid and volunteer positions are available based experience level.
Interested? Fill out this form to join our list of contacts. If needed, send an email to email@example.com with any additional information you’d like to share such as resume or past work.
Emails should use subject line “Broadcast Talent – [Position]”, with the game(s) of your choice based on your interest. Please note that we receive many applications, so only applicants deemed suitable for a specific upcoming event will be contacted about the opportunity.