The Gaming Stadium is an esports events organization located in Vancouver, BC. We aim to provide opportunities for those with a passion for esports and who want to make it a career.
As Broadcast Talent, you will fall into one of three categories.
- Caster: Being a caster means calling the play-by-play action as it appears on screen. You’re weaving a story and a narrative for viewers at home and at the stadium. You are the voice of the play that is unfolding in real time and shining a spotlight during key moments of matches. Your energy is infectious. Your style of speech offers unparalleled clarity. You have high level knowledge of the game and can articulate it to both veterans while ensuring it is welcoming to unfamiliar audiences.
- Analyst: Unorthodox and unexpected plays will often appear. A team decided to buy instead of going for a save round in CS:GO. The Blue team chooses to go for a split push instead of contesting Baron in League of Legends. A player opts to push face damage instead of clearing the board in Hearthstone. No matter what happens, an analyst is there to provide key context and reveal the approach used by players during matches. Experience is paramount since ideal analysts have been in similar (or exact) situations as the ones who are on stage and on stream.
- Observer: Being an observer means being able to anticipate the action before it happens. You’re right there in spectator mode capturing frags and team fights as they occur while tracking the backdoor push with the corner of your eye. Being a high rank isn’t necessary, but you do need to have experience with the games you plan to observe. This means understanding common entry zones, key ward locations, or interesting hero matchups.
We are currently looking for Casters, Analysts, and Observers for the following games. Opportunities will be available on an event by event basis:
- League of Legends
- Teamfight Tactics
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Magic the Gathering: Arena
- Rocket League
- StarCraft II
- Dota 2
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Work alongside our Broadcast Producer to ensure quality standards and sponsorship obligations are met.
- Provide insightful and charismatic commentary.
- Able to react and provide input for on screen activity.
- Be prepared to explain game specific concepts to newer viewers.
- Compile relevant information on notable players or teams.
- Experience providing play-by-play analysis or commentary.
- Comfortable with being on camera and in front of a live audience.
- Relevant knowledge of esports titles.
- Language use must conform to TGS standards.
Both volunteer and contract positions are available based on experience level.
Interested? Send an email to email@example.com with an attached resume and links to your past work with the subject line Broadcast Talent – Caster, Broadcast Talent – Analyst, or Broadcast Talent – Observer with the game(s) of your choice based on your interest. Please note that we receive many applications, but only successful applicants will be contacted.